The bf & I like to try & keep our bar stocked with the essential liquors, which can be tough to do as poor grad. students. However, we have a copious amount of rum in our collection, something I bought to make his tres leches birthday cake with. (I'll try to blog about that sometime.) We don't drink rum often, so I thought it would be a good idea to put that rum to use!
Mango Pineapple Rum Punch
adapted from Martha Stewart's Pineapple and Mango Rum Cocktails
- 2.5 small ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed, which is about 2 cups
- 4 cups fresh pineapple juice (about 4 1/2 lbs of pineapple)
- Rum. Put enough in for your taste preference.
- 1/2 mango cut into slices with skin, for garnishFresh tropical fruit, such as dragon fruit and star fruit, for garnish -- optional
For my recipe, I am using our fancy juicer:
It is pricey, but totally worth it in the long run.
Click on this for more info about the Omega Juicer.
1. Juice the mangoes & pineapples together. You may want to double this recipe to make sure you can serve all your guests!
2. Pour the juice into a pitcher that has ice, then add the rum. You have to taste it to make sure it has the right amount of rum. Just get out a glass and pour a splash in your cup to test!
3. This next step is optional, but you can chop up more mangoes, pineapples, and other tropical fruit for either garnish or to put into the pitcher.
4. Serve & drink up!
Don't be fooled. This looks like just plain ol' juice, but there is alcohol! :)
Check out Cassie's blog on Tinto de Verano.
Rhiannon's will be up soon!
UPDATE: Rhiannon's entry is up!